HubSpot Feature: Simplifying Sales Communication - HubSpot Snippets
Here's how HubSpot snippets can help you cut down the time spent on some of your sales processes. HubSpot snippets are short, reusable text blocks that can be used on contact, company, deal and ticket records, in email templates, in chat conversations, and when logging an activity or note.
Let’s say you work with a text document that contains certain phrases or important details that you copy-paste into emails on a regular basis. Instead of copy-pasting each time, you can just use a snippet. Here's how this is done in HubSpot.
Creating a HubSpot Snippet
- We’ll start by creating the snippet. In your HubSpot account, navigate to “conversations”, then click on “snippets”.
- In the upper right corner, click on “create a snippet”.
- Next, give your snippet an internal name. For my example, I’ll just use the word “test”.
- The next step is to insert the text you’d like to use. The cool thing about this is that you can also use tokens. Add the first name token to the greeting. It’s important to note that if you used personalization tokens in your snippet, these tokens will only populate when you use the snippet on the Email tab of a contact, company, deal, or ticket record.
- Lastly, make sure to add a shortcut. For my example, I’ll use the word enjoy since that’s what the first sentence mentions.
Sending an email with the HubSpot Snippet
- To send an email to a contact in the database with the snippet inside you locate that contact, then press “email”.
- In the body text, write the shortcut you gave the snippet. The text from the snippet should automatically appear in the body once you select it.
Simple as that! Remember, emails aren’t the only place to use snippets. Get in touch with Marketing Envy for more expert HubSpot wisdom and guidance or if you would like to get snippets set up in your HubSpot account.
PS: If you found this helpful, I'd really appreciate it if you can click here to share it on Twitter - besides helping my ego, it's just fun to get notifications 😉